The Union Works

The Union Works

The Union Works founded in 1898 on the basis of the Russo-Baltic Electro-engineering Works. In 1904 the factory was taken over by the AEG concern and simultaneously became an integral part of its branch, the Russian General Electrics Company. Union manufactured electrical machinery, equipment for electric trams, electric meters etc. In the late 1920’s the shop floors of the former Union works became the new location for VEF, the most well known Latvian enterprise of the 20th Century.

See: Прибалтийские русские: история в памятниках культуры (1710 -2010). - Рига, 2010.

 

Related illustrations