The church of St Peter and Paul

The church of St Peter and Paul

After Riga was taken by Russian troops in 1710, the Swedish Lutheran Church situated in the Citadel was transformed into an Orthodox church. In 1725 Catherine ordered the building of a new church in the Citadel, which was completed over several years. 

St Peter and Paul Church in 1727

Related illustrations