Home page > Topics > 18 cent.
73 Krasta St.

73 Krasta St.

73 Krasta St. The Prayer-house of the Riga Grebenshchikov Old Believers’ Community  (the Community of Old Believers in Riga perpetuated in its name the merchant Alexey Grebenschikov who had made generous donations for the development of the community). 

In 1760 the first house of worship for Old Believers in Riga was built on this site. After the fire of 1812 a new church and almshouse were built. In 1905 and 1906 a bell tower was built, making one of the main architectural features of the Moscow Suburb.

The Grebenshchikov Old Believers’ Almshouse, The Circle of Enthusiasts of Russian Antiquity.