Church of the Holy Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky in Riga

Church of the Holy Grand Duke Alexander Nevsky in Riga

Construction of the church began in the first quarter of the 19th century to commemorate the victory over Napoleon. The construction of the church was financed by private donations. Merchants were involved in its construction, such as Pavel Grachev, Mikhail Bodrov and Mikhail Popadyin. The work was carried out by the best carpenters and woodcutters. On 31 October 1825 the church was consecrated in the name of the great prince Alexander Nevsky. The church has never ceased to function.

Related illustrations